PREPARE FOR BATTLE 6, NEW WINESKINS
Jan. 12, 2021
NEW WINESKINS – Part B
My pastoral heart grieves for the many Christians who are like sheep without a shepherd. The memories of this past week in Washington, DC are too fresh to dismiss, and the imaginations of what is coming are too powerful to ignore. They are hurting and fearful as they see the wolf at the door, but many are abandoned by their shepherds. Consider Jesus words in John 10:11-13.
“Thank you,” to the faithful leaders out there who are wise to our Day and who warn the Church, and instruct/encourage in how to respond. But many do not. Here are some scriptures for them/you to consider.
- Ezek. 34:1-16 - Strong words to the shepherds and encouragement to the sheep.
- Mt. 20:25-28 - Some of you “lord over us” instead of serving us. (Study the word “slave,” Strong’s 1401. doulos , in v27.) You think that you know better than us, yet you can’t even “see and hear” as well as many of us! You refuse to acknowledge our Day and to serve us accordingly. Only your repentance, and embracing the attitude that Jesus calls you to here, will suffice.
- Luke 12:35-40 . Instruction to those in charge. (And strong warning in vv41-48 )
- John 21:15-17 - Feed my lambs.
- Acts 20:28-31 - The wolves have never been more savage than today.
- I Tim. 4:16 - Consider the influence you have on us.
- Heb. 13:17 says you watch over our souls as those who must give account. Do you?
- I Peter 5:1-4 - Shepherd the flock of God among you. Excellent description of church leadership.
PASTORS and other church “leaders,” shouldn’t you be leading us according to this season in world history as shepherds move their flocks from pasture to pasture in different seasons? Please do. We need you.
SAINTS, if you are not being warned and encouraged, SEEK GOD with like-minded brothers and sisters in whatever setting He offers you. He will hear you. (See Ezek. 34:10-16 again.) Otherwise, you will likely be among those who are attacked and scattered, as Jesus said in John 10:12 .
Ken Stoltzfus, Kidron, OH FACEBOOK: Ken Stoltzfus - Kidron
Jan. 12, 2021